February 7, 2010

Making plans for that special day...



It’s time to celebrate our relationships, friendships and love. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, I wanted something special for my photos. I created this vintage looking heart box using Helmar Adhesives and several of their preferred vendors’ products: Creative Impressions, Inc Bits of Bling, Elle’s Studio Tags, and Pink Paislee Love Potion Cupid Paper Collection. I love how the combination of all of these products turned an old candy box destine for the trash into a romantic keepsake treasure!





Supplies Used:
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
Chain - Hardware Store
Creative Impressions, Inc. Bits of Bling
Crochet Flowers – Source Unknown
Elle’s Studio Vintage Label Cut Outs
Maya Road Chipboard Butterfly
Making Memories Velour Flower and Heart Paperclip
Paper Doilie – Source Unknown
Pink Paislee Love Potion Cupid Collection
Prima Flowers
Ribbon – Michael’s $1 Spools
Rub-ons by Narratives by Karen Russell



I covered the box lid, bottom and sides of the heart box using papers from Pink Paislees Love Potion Cupid Collection. I applied all of the papers using Helmar Acid Free Glue. I added some lace around the side of the box using Helmar 450 QuickDry Adhesive. Embellishments were added to the box lid using Helmar Liquid Scrapdots. The mixture of crochet flowers, Prima Flowers with Bits of Bling in the centers from Creative Impressions, Inc. gave a vintage look. I love Elle’s Studio Vintage Labels; I just cut one out, distressed with sandpaper and applied a rub-on title. For the album, I used the paper lining as my template cutting heart shape pages form Pink Paislees Love Potion Cupid Collection. The set is complete and ready to fill with your anniversary, wedding, or Valentine’s Day memories.

Tish Treadaway, Helmar USA Design Team Member

No comments: